Learning to debate and public speak reaps life long benefits. This course will give students the ability to be confident and comfortable when giving presentations, raising their hand in class, or even just casually conversating. Students will learn to know their audience, will study great speeches throughout history, and will learn to write speeches, manage anxieties, and deliver opinions and arguments in a calm and convincing way.
Learning to see both sides of an issue and being able to make an argument that convinces an undecided person of your opinion is one of the most valuable skills a student can have. The ability to write, research, and speak using evidence and sound logic will help students write papers, give presentations, and will be the foundational skill they will build on for years to come. There are 5 different classes for students at different levels:
- Level 1: For students age 9-10 with no debate experience.
- Level 2: For students age 9-10 who have completed at least one semester of Level 1 class.
- Novice: For students who have completed at least 2 semesters of Level 2 class.
- Junior Varsity: For students age 11-12 who have been in Novice for at least a year.
- Varsity: Students age 13 and above
Acting and Theater Writing
This class is for students who want to improve their speaking and acting skills to deliver stronger presentations, talks, speeches, interviews and auditions. Students will learn Scene Writing, Monologue Writing. They will cast and practice their own scene.